Monday, February 1, 2010

Interesting Day

Only 2 more days til I get to see my hubby!! I can not wait!
So today has been one of those days that I really wish I could actually talk to my husband. I feel like in 16 hours SO much has happened!!! Basically today I realized how expensive the world we live in is. And I was reminded that does not work out in your favor if you want to be debt free. So this morning I filled out the application for the apartment I want. (Remember, this place is like amazing and I want to live there soooo bad!) Before the realtor processed the application he called me to tell me how much everything will cost me. This is when I found out he had originally told me the wrong deposit cost. While we were looking at the house he said there would be a $350 deposit. I was like Awesome! well today I found out it is actually a $775 deposit. AND because he have no credit established there will be another $775 deposit for that which will be spread out into the first 3 months rent... So basically, I have to pay $1500 just to move in and then my first 3 months of rent will be over a thousand dollars! Not at all in our budget.... AT ALL. So now I have to figure out if I want to still go with that place (which is like amazing) or go with another place that is a little cheaper but not as amazing... ha. So that has been interesting.
BUT to make everything just sink in more, I went to buy a mattress today. I figured I would put it on a payment plan so that we can establish some credit by making payments on it. (I was thinking this would be better than getting a credit card.) However, I was denied. I WAS DENIED FOR NOT HAVING ANY DEBT AT ALL! How twisted is that!
So basically today I discovered that the world today doesn't work if you have no debt at all. Well, I mean, it can... you just have to pay a whole lot of money for it! So I will be praying a lot about that one tonight.

Have a great day!
Erica Gilliam

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips