Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear John and such

I had a wonderfully calm day. This morning I woke up at 8:30 because I need to stop sleeping until noon. And I went on base to help Kendall and his friend move their stuff to their new barracks (They threw everything into my car and I drove across base with the stuff while the had to walk there. I just saved them from carrying everything). As I was waiting for them to get there to get their stuff I started to read Dear John. All that said, I have basically spent my entire day reading. It was beautiful outside so I opened the windows and everything. It was really nice. The only breaks from reading I took were to take some pictures and to have a lovely dinner with my hubby on base.

I finished the book a few minutes ago (Yes, I read it in one day). It was really good. I love when books and stuff inspire me to be a better person.

When I used to read love stories I would always fall in love with the character. I would want to know that guy because he was perfect. And I was always so sad when I reminded myself, he doesn't exist. However, that has all changed. Now when I read stories like that It just makes me love and miss my hubby even more. I no longer fall in love with the guy from the book, I have my guy from the book. As cheesy as that sounds, its true. Kendall has always been one to open the door for me, even before the Army (now he just does it even more) And he has always made sure to balance my needs with those of his own. Before he left he made sure to make time for the things that were important to me (although they are cheesy I'm such a hopeless romantic. So I've always wanted the big date nights, the drives through the country, and the cheesy things they did in A Walk to Remember (I see a theme, Nicholas Sparks is a genius)). However, whenever Kendall was home he made sure that he made time for those things in between his video games and playing guitar. That has always meant so much to me.

I'm not really sure why i'm writing this on here for all to read, but I wanted to write it somewhere ha. So here we are.

I guess I'm just saying I don't need that guy from the love story anymore, because I have my own story right here, although it's not even close to being finished. I'm aware there will be those struggles, I mean come on, what story doesn't have them? Everything is perfect and then things happen and they have to work through it. But in the end it was always worth whatever work it took to get there. I know to some that may seem naive or a foolish way of thought, and maybe it is. But i would much rather live my life naively yet intensely happy, then so realistic you can't see the magic in anything.

So I've decided I'm going to live my life with that magic. I'm starting a list of things that I want to do (Note new addition to the sidebar). Most of them pretty simple, some more complex. Although my ultimate goal is to do them before I die, we're going to say I want to do them before Kendall deploys (We'll do a short-term goal here :)). Now, I don't know when Kendall is going to deploy. It could be as soon as 4 months from now, it could be in a year, or it could not happen, we don't know. But i think that's the fun in it. I don't know. We're in this situation now, whether we want to be here or not, so why not make the most of it? Why not live the life we've always wanted, even if it's in a little more of an unconventional way?

Now how I got to my goals from talking about my husband i'm not really sure ha. I guess that has to be due with me being spaghetti (if you're wondering what that means just ask). So sorry for those of you who are waffles (again, you can just ask) and didn't quite follow... :)

Well I guess all I can say is Have a nice day!
Erica

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Hey Erica,

I don't know if you remember me...we had PE together a couple years ago.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for this post. There's been a lot of things going on in my life (mostly stuff with my parents) that have affected my boyfriend and me. Just stuff about marriage and such. But your post just made me realize that every couple has hurdles that they have to jump through, but it IS possible to get through them. So thanks, again.

I hope you don't think I'm a stalker for reading your blog. We're thinking of getting married soon and a lot of the things that you're going through (distance, money problems, etc) are things that we're going to face too. So it's inspiring to see how you and Kendall get through it.

Well, have a great day,
Lexi Torres

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips