Sunday, September 12, 2010

Been a long weekend (which is a good thing)

This weekend has seemed like it's been extra long because Kendall had all day on Friday off work. It's been really nice to get all this time to hang out. although we haven't really done much these last two days the time together is irreplaceable. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to spend so much time with him. In 13 days we will have been married for a year. it's crazy that it's already been that long:)

Here are a few lessons in marriage I've learned over the last year:

1. Sometimes you have to take the time for your marriage even if it means you have to put something like school off til later. Had I not stayed here for this month with my hubby and had gone home earlier to go to school, I would have missed out of so much in my relationship with my husband.

2. A regular date night is very important, not only for yourself, but also for your spouse. If you take the time together away from the usual not only rekindles things, but it also gives you a chance to be alone. Make sure you turn your phones on silent and truly enjoy the time together! :)

3. Don't forget to have fun!

4. The little things make a bigger deal to your spouse than you realize. From making dinner for when your spouse gets home from work, to picking things up, to giving them a simple back rub. It all makes a difference.

5. Don't feel like you always have to be DOING something. Sometimes doing absolutely nothing together is perfect time spent together. If you are always doing something you can end up burnt out and not truly enjoying all your time together.

Well those are just a few of the many lessons I've learned, and I know there are so many more to come!

No comments:

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips