Friday, February 18, 2011

21 days make a habit

So it's been a little over a week since I posted, sorry about that! It's been crazy lately. A few weeks ago I chose to switch two of my classes to online. It was already 4 weeks into the classes so I have had tons of homework to catch up on! However, I am almost completely caught up! All I have left is 1 paper in my English class. so after this weekend I will be totally caught up! I can't wait! :)

Have any of you heard that it takes 21 days to make a habit? Research has shown that it typically takes 21 days to create a new habit. So starting tomorrow I am going to put that into action. Here is my plan:

1. Run 5 days a week adding 5-10 minutes to my run each week
2. Do toning workouts 2-3 days a week such as situps, crunches, and lunges
3. Keep calories around 1200 each day and try to avoid processed foods when possible
4. Put make up on each day and do my hair
5. Read "Made to Crave" by Lysa TerKeurst
6. Do yoga each day
7. Do homework each day
8. Pick up my room daily

The entire goal of this is for me to make new habits and begin taking even better care of myself. If anyone would like to join me you are welcome to! You can change everything to fit your lifestyle and needs. Hopefully, I can begin to really make some changes towards a better lifestyle!

What are some simple changes you make towards a healthier lifestyle?

Erica

1 comment:

Kenna said...

AHHHH! YOU BLOGGG! We are no blog friends! Read mine and tell me what you think!

http://kennaehman.blogspot.com/

Secondly...Made To Crave is AMAZINGGG! I am reading it now! LOVE IT!

I am trying to get in shape too I just came off the daniel fast and it has really opened my eyes to all the crap I put in my body!
As I type this comment to you I am glancing over at my tray from Chick-fil-a sporting my empty fruit cup, box from my peice of grilled chicken with lettuce, tomato, and pickles, and my all natural, organic, kashi cookie calling my name!

Man, I am glad I didn't give into that biscut this morning!

I love you girlie! Let's talk soon!

MISS YOU!!

~Kenna

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips